A poem where the letters of the alphabet have been used in sequence. Written 12 months ago, then forgotten and just found. Since virtually the only words in English in which q is not followed by u are Arabic loans, the subject turned out as: an immigrant (refugee) aquiring the language of her host country and slowly gathering distance to whatever traumas might lie behind. But can a second languge ever be used to express identity, emotion and thought as well and thoroughly as even the first two letters (alif and beth) of a first language? It is very possible that this is not finished, but I have no way to be sure.

A... ...A... A
bba!
Cab...?... ...Abba
dead! ...dead... ...dea...
f... ...f... ...fea... be
g! ...a dead... deaf...
head... ...
I... I... fea...
jaded, abba, dead... I fea...
ki...
lled,
me, me...
n...
old
people, and I, clad in ni...
qab and
robes, and I fear, I fear bearded men, and being
s
t
uck, escaping the
viciousness I came here and am now stuck again, without language, with a broken alphabet, a sequence of letters, forced words, powerless, I.. I.. ...identity trivial, a
xerox sheet, m...
y eyes as animal eyes, staring eyes, a world of sequences, procedures and memori...
zing, not memories, not remembering, not forgetting but thinking anew.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti